What are Essential Oils?
Essential Oils are oils obtained from plants/herbs through non-chemical methods. Essential Oils inherit the characteristic of the plant from which it is obtained, the fragrance, and almost all the properties of the plant.
Despite, great influence of the modern cosmetics and skincare products, nature based essential oils and its awesome skincare properties always stands unique and unbeatable. Essentials oils are mostly used in aromatherapy (natural or traditional way of healing treatment).
Facts about Essential Oil
- Essential oils are not actually oils. As the other ordinary oils, it does not contain fatty oils or its component. It’s a pure and highly concentrated essence of the plant from which it is extracted.
- Main components of the essential oil are its specific chemical constituents; the hydrocarbons and oxygenated compounds.
- Essential oils can addresses a numerous skincare and healthcare issues such as scars, inflammation of the skin or internal organs, asthma, acne, asthma, respiratory problems, arthritis, and a lot more.
- It is not advisable for pregnant women to use essential oils during their first trimester.
- Essential oils are extracted by natural extraction process especially by steam distillation method.
- Essential oil acts on the nervous system, and provides a healing action to the overall body.
- Most of them are anti-inflammatory, and calms the skin.
- Most of the essential oil are aromatic, and aids in body and mind relaxation and promotes physical well-being.
- Most of the essential oil are analgesic, anti septic, and fights infections.
- Essential oil must be stored air tight and in a dark bottle so its effectiveness remains intact.
How to Use Essential Oils
Either can you inhale through breathe or apply them onto your body. These oils can penetrate through tiny skin pores and brings a healing effect to the physical body and brings relaxation to the mind.
- Using a diffuser, a few drops of the required essential oil can be used to get its health benefits.
- Physical massage/external application in its diluted form,
- Required drops of essential oils can be used in different homemade face packs, creams, masks and peels
However there are few people who are afraid of these purchase cheap levitra shock impulses. The appearance of these chemicals try for more info buy sildenafil 100mg appears to correlate with hormonal variations corresponding with changes in the female menstrual cycle. However, it is cheaper and a faster way to enjoy true and intense sexual fantasies. cGMP leads to greater muscle relaxation and inflow of blood results in penile erection Starts effects in body within 20 minutes after taking in mouth cialis 40mg No need to drink with water just a single spoon of gel is enough Available in seven different tasty fruit flavors No worry of swallow big capsules or tablets Remains effects. Here’s the exact mechanism, a PDE5-inhibitor negates the function of phosphodiesterase-5, thereby allowing the body to release a powerful chemical called nitric oxide is not secreted enough to boost the blood flow. cialis online cialis
Note: It is best to do a patch test, before using an essential oil even in its diluted form.
Uses of Essential Oils
- Aromatherapy is a holistic treatment that uses essential oils to improve the physical, mental health and well being of a person.
- Wieldy used in perfumery to enhance the smell and properties of the product
- Widely used in formulation of numerous skincare and hair care products.
- The essential oil with antibiotic and antiseptic properties is also used in making domestic cleaners.
In this article, we shall discuss few Essential Oils and its skincare qualities.
1. Coconut Essential Oil
Coconut oil is obtained from coconut palm. Coconut essential oil is known for its deep hydration property. It also conditions and maintains skin. Coconut oil suits all skin types and it minimizes skin irritation, and inflammation.
Other uses and benefits of coconut essential oil are as follows:
- Well known for exfoliation property (removes dead and dry skin cells)
- Heals dry skin
- Protects skin from sun damages
- It acts as a powerful antioxidant
- Coconut oil inhibits problem causing bacteria on skin
- The antiviral property of the oil inhibits the growth of harmful virus
- The antifungal property of the oil prevents the development of fungus
- Conditions chapped lips
2. Jojoba Essential Oil
Jojoba oil is obtained from a shrub, Jojoba whose scientific name is Simmondsia chinensis. The oil is got from the nut part of the shrub. Jojoba oil is safe for all skin types and does not cause any possible allergies or side effects. It can reduce the aging signs and provides a younger looking appearance by maintaining required skin moisture.
Jojoba oil not only provides hydration to skin, but maintains the same for a long time. Dry skin is the first sign of an aging skin, dry skin can in turn result onset of wrinkles, fine lines and dark circles. It can also stimulate collagen production. Hence Jojoba oil is s great skin protector and healer.
Other uses and benefits of Jojoba essential oil are as follows:
- It can act as toner and cleanser
- Fights free radical damage (Antioxidant)
- Jojoba oil can completely remove makeup
- Jojoba oil cures scars, eczema and psoriasis
- Heals skin infections, razor burns and wounds
- It can be a best natural sun protector
- Conditions lips and makes it soft and smooth
- Continuous use provides a healthy skin
- Deters bacterial and microorganism growth
3. Argan Essential Oil
Argan oil is obtained from the nut part of the Argan tree. The tree is native to Morocco and the tree is exclusively grown in Morocco. The oil obtained from traditional methods and mechanical processes are more valuable and considered to be more pure. Argan Oil is Non-comedogenic which means it doesn’t block pores and it is light and gentle on skin. Vitamin E in the oil controls and prevents skin irritation, redness and skin burns.
A good level of vitamins A and E in the argan oil, promotes new skin cells rebuild process and enhances the overall appearance of the skin.
Other uses and benefits of Argan essential oil are as follows:
- Provides good hydration to the skin
- Effective Anti-aging benefits
- Cures acne problem
- Acts excellent as a skin lightening and brightening oil
- As a skin toner/cleanser
- Heals marks on the skin
- Provides solution to Eczema and rashes
- Removes dead cells from skin
- Suitable for use after exposure of skin to sun
- Maintains the oil level on skin
- Lip care
4. Almond Essential Oil
Almond oil is obtained from almond nut but which is safely enclosed within the outer shell known as drupe. The almond itself has numerous health benefits when consumed internally. The pure almond oil also has many skincare benefits. Since the oil obtained from natural plant, it is safe for all skin types.
Use of almond oil on skin removed skin residues and dead skin cells. It helps fade away aging signs by diminishing the appearance of wrinkles, dark spots, and fine lines. The oil is capable of maintaining original complexion of the skin despite the exposure of skin to sunlight i.e, it reduces tan, by serving as a shield to skin during sun exposure.
Other uses and benefits of Almond essential oil are as follows:
- Makes skin feel and appear healthy
- Works great as s scrub/exfoliator
- Heals Psoriasis and Eczema conditions
- An excellent toner/skin cleanser
- Heals dry and cracked lips
- Controls excess oil production and cures acne
- Gentle and mild in skin
- Makes a defect free beautiful skin
- Improves blood circulation
5. Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender flower has most the mesmerizing fragrance and very pleasant smell. Lavender Essential Oil is obtained from the flower part of the lavender plant (Lavandula angustifolia). Most of the cosmetics use lavender or its extract as its ingredients for its great fragrance. And this wonderful flower also has a vast number of skincare properties.
The major constituent of Lavender is the “linalol.” Linalol soothes, eases, and renews the skin. It is also proved to provide relaxation to mind and body.
Lavender Essential Oil stands unique compared to other Essential oils from its ability to cure stress, improve and refresh brain functions, cure headaches and as well.
Other uses and benefits of Lavender Essential Oil are as follows:
- Heals acne problem
- This oil can destroy harmful bacteria and improves skin health
- Moisturization benefits
- Protect skin from skin burns, redness and irritation
- Improves skin’s original tone and brightness
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
- Heals Eczema and wounds
- Removes toxic substances from skin and flushes out
- Cleanses skin pores
- Fights free radical damages
- Prevents aging signs and symptoms
- Treats hard skin or dry skin
- Conditions and maintains soft lips
6. Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree oil is also known as melaleuca oil is obtained from the leaves of the tea tree Melaleuca alternifolia. Tea tree essential oil is widely used because of its antibacterial, anti inflammatory, anti microbial, anti fungal and anti septic properties. It is very efficient in treating infections and treats acne, sunburn and calms skin inflammations.
Tea tree oil is not suitable for internal consumption. It can be used in moderation or minimal amount to get its skincare or healthcare benefits.
Other uses and benefits of Tea tree essential oil are as follows:
- Tea tree essential oil treats cold, cough and sinus infections.
- Used widely in home cleansers for a germ free environment.
- It is an effective anti fungal and treats any kinds of fungal infections.
- It controls the excess oil on skin.
- Tea tree essential oil can be used for cleaning the wounds or infections.
- It has the ability to suppress pain i.e., effective analgesic.
7. Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense also known as olibanum is an naturally occurring resin obtained from the genus of the tree Boswellia. It is aromatic, and mainly used for making perfumes, incense, essential oils and natural medicines. The essential oil is produced by steam distillation method. It’s believe to strengthen the immune system, improve mental health, relaxes mind, good respiratory system and skincare care.
The main benefits of the Frankincense essential oils are anti-ging, anti-septic anti-inflammatory, stretch marks and wounds.
Other uses and benefits of Frankincense essential oil are as follows:
- Improves the overall health of the skin and enhances skin tone.
- Protects skin from various fungal and bacterial infections.
- Defends skin from aging signs such as wrinkles, fine lines and stretch marks.
- Treats dry skin and heals blemishes.
- It rejuvenates the skin and boosts cell regeneration.
- It also tightens the skin and improves skin flexibility.
8. Pomegranate Seed Essential Oil
Pomegranate is a familiar fruit and its essential oil is obtained by cold pressing the seeds of the fruit. Pomegranate essential oil is also called as pomegranate seed oil. The oil has a golden color and a mild fragrance. The high concentration of punicic acid, an omega 5 fatty acid has got a lot of skincare benefits. Being packed with anti-oxidants it, regulate cellular activity and protects skin from free radicals.
Pomegranate seed oil or pomegranate essential oil is relatively expensive. It has anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties.
Other uses and benefits of Frankincense essential oil are as follows:
- It boosts the immune system.
- Moisturizes skin and locks the natural skin moisture.
- Prevents skin from acne by unclogging the skim pores.
- Helps skin brightening or whitening.
- Prevents wrinkles, and fine lines.
- Improves skin elasticity and makes it soft and supple skin.
There are also various other essential oils that has a huge skincare benefits and favors human upon application to skin. These essential oils inherit the characteristics of the plant from which it is obtained and there is no addition of any other chemicals to it, until and unless it is specified. The essential oils are of natural oils and can be used to attain the desired benefits.
Other essential oils known for its skincare usage are Frankincense essential oil, Castor Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Rosehip Oil, Chamomile Essential Oil, Lemongrass Essential Oil, Olive Oil, Carrot Seed Oil and many more.
Care should be taken before and during use of essential oils. You need to learn a complete usage of a particular essential oil and use them as directed only. A few needed to be diluted before use and a few requires age restrictions and few can’t be used directly on wounded skin.
33 thoughts on “Effective Essential Oils in Skincare”
Thanks for publishing this awesome article. I’m a long time reader but I’ve never
been compelled to leave a comment. I subscribed to your blog and shared this on my Facebook.
Thanks again for a great post!
I used to be able to find good advice from your articles.
Thanks for publishing this awesome article. I’m a long time reader but I’ve never been compelled to leave a comment.
I subscribed to your blog and shared this on my Facebook.
Thanks again for a great article!
I relish, result in I discovered exactly what I used to be
looking for. You have ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I really
appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your next post thanks
Some truly interesting points you have written.Assisted me a lot, just what I was searching
Enjoyed reading this, very good stuff, thank you.
Thanks for finally talking about >Effective Essential Oils
in Skincare – Skin Care Brands List Blog <Liked it!
Thank you for posting this awesome article.
I’m a long time reader but I’ve never been compelled to leave a comment.
I subscribed to your blog and shared this on my Twitter.
Thanks again for a great post!
Very interesting information!Perfect just what I was looking for!
Thanks for all your valuable effort on this blog. My
niece delights in making time for investigation and it’s really easy to see why.
My spouse and i notice all concerning the lively manner you present
invaluable steps by means of the blog and therefore attract participation from some other people on this subject matter then our child is without a
doubt discovering a lot of things. Have fun with the rest of the new year.
You are always conducting a brilliant job.
Everything is very open with a very clear explanation of the
issues. It was truly informative. Your site is very useful.
Thank you for sharing!
It’s remarkable for me to have a site, which is useful in favor of my know-how.
Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google,
and found that it’s truly informative. I’m going to watch out
for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future.
Many people will be benefited from your writing.
I relish, cause I discovered just what I used to be having a look for.
You have ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great
I love what you guys are up too. This sort of clever work and exposure!
Keep up the superb works guys I’ve added you guys to blogroll.
What’s up, everything is going well here and ofcourse every one
is sharing facts, that’s really good, keep up writing.
This iѕ the perfect webpage for anybodｙ who hopes to find out about this topic.
You understand a whole lot іts almost toiugh too aгgue with
yοu (not that I really wilⅼ neｅd to…ᎻaHa). You ｃertainly put ɑ brand neww sρin on a topic which has been written aƅoᥙt for years.
Exceⅼlent stuff, just great!
Hello there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group?
There’s a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content.
Please let me know. Many thanks agen bola
Sure it is my pleasure.
Thanks for finally talking about >Effective Essential Oils in Skincare – Skin Care Brands List Blog <Loved it!
Good post! We will be linking to this great post on our website.
Keep up the good writing.
I for all time emailed this web site post page to all my contacts,
because if like to read it then my links will too.
Hello There. I discovered your blog the use of msn. This is a really well written article.
I’ll make sure to bookmark it and come back to learn more of your useful
info. Thank you for the post. I’ll certainly comeback.
It’s going to bee end of mine day, except before finish I am reading this great
piece of writing to improve my know-how.
What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness of precious familiarity concerning
Someone necessarily help to make significantly articles I might state.
That is the first time I frequented your website page
and to this point? I surprised with the research you made to create this actual submit extraordinary.
many thanks considerably this site is actually official as
well as everyday
WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by
searching for furnish
thanks for sharing benefits of using Lavender essential oil . Also check this website to see more benefits of Lavender essential oil.
Hi! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be ok.
I’m undoubtedly enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.
I enjoy what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and coverage!
Keep up the amazing works guys I’ve you guys to blogroll.