It is a dream of every woman, young or old, to have a youthful, clear, glowing skin. When some use artificial means to restore the skin beauty, others resort to natural and homemade remedies. But let us tell you it is not overnight remedies that will get you a beautiful skin rather you need to take care of it like a baby continuously in your routine.
Fortunately, we know exactly how you can keep your skin beautiful and young for a long period of time. But firs, let us understand what a clear skin is so that we know what we are aiming for!
What is a clear skin?
Clear skin is defined as the one which is free from any defect, flaws, blemishes and discoloration. It is smooth and elastic with balanced pigmentation and nor has any marks from blackheads and acne. Seems like a dream isn’t it? But you can make this dream true if you follow a perfect routine for it.
Nowadays because of pollution, hormonal changes, unhealthy lifestyles, use of comedogenic skincare products, and environmental stressors, one can easily have clogged pores which is a main reason for acne and blackheads.
In order to get acne and blackhead free skin one must wash their face twice a day, use a good cleanser, get a good sound sleep and include foods in our diet that are nutritious. Let us discuss in detail about how one can get a clear skin by following a simple skincare routine.
How to get a clear skin?
We would have felt the smooth, delicate and soft skin of a baby, the nature of the skin changes as we age. This is due to bodily changes and also we get exposed to the environmental conditions which may not be clean, fresh or good.
Inorder to aim for a clear skin, we should first learn the factors that obstruct from getting a clear skin.
- Clogged pores: major cause of acne, breakouts and blackheads.
- External dirts: dirts present on your skin which can cause skin infection or inflammation.
- Skin dryness: lack of skin moisturizing leads to many skin issues.
- Sun damage: causes sunburn, inflammation, photo aging, and photosensitive reactions.
- Using comedogenic skincare products.
Skincare Routine for Clear Skin
These are not a specific skincare routine for a clear skin. It is a usual skincare steps but when followed with proper care you can achieve the clear skin for sure. There are few steps to attain a clear skin.
Wash face twice daily
Washing your face twice a day, in the morning and before going to bed is the most recommended step to attain a clear skin. It removes all the dirt and dust particles that are being absorbed by the skin during the whole day. Just plain water does the job. Frequent washing of face is not recommended as it strips off. off natural moisture of the skin, making it, dry.
- Washes away dirt particles.
- Calms and refreshes skin.
Cleansing face using a good cleanser
Cleansing is yet another and most important procedure for any skincare routine. Cleansing your skin helps in making it smooth and glowing. Don’t scrub your face too hard otherwise it will make your skin dry and rough. Always apply cleanser on your face gently.
- Removes excess oil.
- Removes make up, or cosmetics.
- Removes minute dirts from the skin.
- Helps skin to breathe fresh air through its pores.
Exfoliation or scrubbing
Skin exfoliation scrubs off the foreign and unwanted tiny dirt particles in the skin. Use an exfoliator to remove dirt particles that are deeply embedded in the skin. Exfoliation of the skin two to three times a week is recommended.
- Exfoliates skin – removes dead and dry skin cells.
- Flushes skin residues and cleanses pores.
- Makes skin smooth and promotes healthy skin.
- Refreshes skin.
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles, dark spots, dry patches, and imperfections.
- Works penetrating deep into the layers of the skin.
Moisturize your skin
Skin hydration or skin Moisturization is a crucial step in skincare. Lack of proper skin moisturization can lead to undesirable outcomes such as premature aging skin, skin dryness, loss of skin glow and dull and saggy skin.
Moisturize your skin by using a good moisturizer especially the one containing SPF as it will protect your skin from sun rays that is the major cause of skin damage and skin cancer.
- Hydrates skin.
- Seals in moisture required by the skin.
- Provides deep moisturization.
- Makes skin soft and smooth.
- Calms skin from redness, and irritation.
Recommended article: Importance of Skin Moisturization and Steps to Avoid Dehydration of Skin
Wear sunscreen with SPF of 15 or higher
Sunscreen is a must to defend skin from a lot number of issues. Exposure to sun causes free radical damage which in turn damages the skin and cause sun burn, skin irritation, and redness. Wear a standard sunscreen with SPF of 15 or higher.
You could also use an umbrella, hand gloves, goggles, any hats or caps to safeguard your face and also the rest of the body from peak hours of the day, since it causes extreme skin dryness. Skin dryness ultimately leads to early aging appearance of the skin.
- Protects skin from harmful rays of the sun.
- Doesn’t disturb the skin’s texture, tone and color.
- Protects skin from sun tan.
- Protects skin from sunburn, redness and irritation.
- Saves skin from dryness and dehydration.
- Protects skin from premature aging.
Additionally you would also try various face mask, that works well on skin for its betterment, improvisation, enhancement and clarity. A clear skin always is always a dream of every girl and it’s never too late, you could start working on from now to own a clear and a beautiful skin.
Whenever it comes to skin clarity, specifically aloe vera gel is the best that I could recommend everyone. It cleanses skin, fades acne marks, dark spots heals stretches, wrinkles and fine lines, reduces skin discoloration, moisturizes skin and gives skin a natural glow.
This article is simply a remainder for everyone. A clear skin is always adorned and following simple things could definitely make a huge change in life.